Author Topic: Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version 1.8 - RPG Maker XP  (Read 20816 times)

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
  • What is development and how do I game
    • View Profile
Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version 1.8 - RPG Maker XP
« on: March 31, 2014, 07:36:28 PM »
Hello everybody. My name is DerxwnaKapsyla. For roughly 6 years now, I've aspired to create a Pokemon fangame, starting with hacking the rom. Unfortunately, even after years passed, my patience wasn't strong enough, and my determination to finish wasn't persistent. I'd occasionally break the roms and lose all interest. The scripting language made no sense to my younger mind (and still, to this day doesn't). I gave up on hacking when my game just broke for no reason I could figure out. That's when I remembered that RPG Maker XP existed, as well as Pokemon Essentials.

For about two years, I've been working with Pokemon Essentials to try and develop the game that I had been envisioning for the past 6 years. While it never came to fruition and is currently undergoing revival, I didn't remain discouraged. I set out to create a new game, Pokemon Inferno Red - a Gen II remake of Gen I. This was going along relatively smoothly, little-to-no complications. While I waited for people who offered to help bug test to actually bug test it, I had discovered that I wanted to make a Touhoumon game, since I was (and still am) currently hooked onto the Touhou series. I realized that, since the only Touhoumon games were GBA-made, I'd have to work to extract all the assets myself and then port them into Pokemon Essentials. That's where the Touhoumon Development Starter Kit got its start.

The DevKit was originally to be a side project to Pokemon Inferno Red, but as time drew on, I found myself much less interested in a simple Pokemon Fangame, and put full effort and devotion into the DevKit. After undergoing constant revisions, a change in generation mechanics, and numerous people yelling at me, I managed to finish and release the Touhoumon Development Starter Kit.

While I was working on that DevKit, I was working on my own Touhoumon game on the side - Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version. To me, I always felt that there was a story that the Touhoumon world should have, instead of just a generic Pokemon replacement. This game is my attempt at conveying my vision of Touhoumon, as I see it. I can only hope that you all will enjoy it.

Terminology:
Touhoumon/Puppets:
  • These are the invaders that invaded the Pokemon World a decade years after RGB. They are capturable and trainable versions of the inhabitants of Gensokyo, a mystical land that exists on an alternate plane of existence. How they got into the world is not quite know, but due to them being there, Pokemon in general have gone into hiding. Some across their respective regions, some fleeing to the Kokoto Continent, south of Kanto, where they are now under close watch. Regular Pokemon will not make an overwhelming appearance in the wild, but some Pokemon can be found. Also, some people may be willing to trade you Pokemon in exchange for some Touhoumon. After two years' time, Touhoumon are now the dominant species in a majority of the Pokemon World, with Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos being the only regions virtually untouched.
Gensokyo:
  • Gensokyo is the mystical land featured in the game series Touhou Project, produced by ZUN. There are a variety of games that extend off this series (Currently up to TH14: Double Dealing Character), and a multitude of fanmade games (Koumajou Densetsu/Touhouvania, Touhou Puppet Play/Touhoumon, Fushigi no Gensokyo, etc)
Plot:
[Notice: The Introduction phase (Act 0) is based off of the fanfic "Touhou Puppet Play: A Viewpoint, by Lone Wolf Neo. I do not take credit for writing it, and have received his permission to use its likeness as the Introduction phase of the game.]
Act 0: The Invaders

"So far, we are unable to determine the cause of this massive outbreak of this invasive species, and researchers are working around the clock to identify these humanoid creatures with characteristics unlike anything we have come across before. Until a conclusive answer can be achieved, we will refer to these creatures as..."

Lots of stuff has happened in the years after Red had beaten the Kanto League and disbanded Team Rocket. Many youths from all over had followed in his footsteps (Even if they didn't quite know it.), such as Gold in Johto. Ruby and Sapphire in Hoenn, Lucas and Dawn in Sinnoh - they all saved their respective regions from takeover by factions that sought to destroy it. Natural disasters have stricken and been recovered from, such as the Cinnabar Volcano eruption, and the mudslide of Route 23. Things have tested the resolve of humans and Pokemon alike in these past 8 years. But none of these events were anything compared to what was happening now - an invasion.

Two years before present day, Professor Oak, head professor of the Kanto region, led an expedition to the Cave of Origin located in Sootopolis City, Hoenn. It was there that the first of the invaders were spotted. Upon first glance, they were mistaken as normal Pokemon, but various tests proved otherwise. Eventually, these invaders started spreading all over.

Eventually, Pokemon were driven out of their habitats by these species, now called Puppets, and their fighting. Pokemon have gone into hiding since then, some even taking refuge in an island preservation south of the Kanto region. Very few trainers have Pokemon left with them, and those that do seldom fight with them.

Within a year, Pokemon became the minority to the Puppets.

Two years have passed since the invasion of the Touhoumon, and humans have adapted to the new ways of life. Trainers capture and train Touhoumon, and enter them into the various Regional Leagues around the planet.

You play as either Maribel Hearn or Renko Usami, two females who are on a search across Monsekai, the Pokemon World, to discover why the Puppets have invaded, the rumors behind this mysterious alternate dimension, and how the both of them are connected. However, the questing won't be easy, as corrupt factions from a decade ago -- Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, are all beginning to make their return, and embrace this new opportunity with the Puppets, and restart their plans for world domination. Your quest to find the Land of Illusions will be interrupted by Team Rocket, who seek to do the same. And as you do that, Team Magma and Team Aqua rise up from the depths of the earth and ocean, and begin to hatch a scheme to take all of Monsekai for themselves this time around. Will they be successful, or will they fall to the might of your team of Puppets?

Main Characters:
Maribel Hearn

One of the two members of the Sealing Club. Maribel is able to see the boundries of all things. She uses this power to try and search for the Illusionary World, Gensokyo. Somehow, she ends up stumbling around in the Kanto region, alongside her friend, Renko Usami, and they both get attacked by a wild CChen near Pallet Town. Eventually, Red comes to their rescue. After spending the night, Maribel obtains a starter Touhoumon from Professor Oak. Maribel and Renko then go out on a quest across the Pokemon World, trying to learn stuff about the Puppets, and more info on Gensokyo. Maribel is one of the two playable characters.

Renko Usami

One of the two members of the Sealing Club. Renko is able to tell the exact position of her location by looking up at the moon. She uses this power to try and locate the Illusionary World, Gensokyo. Somehow, while traveling through Kanto with her friend, Maribel Han, they get attacked by a wild CChen. Red eventually comes to their aid and drives the CChen away. After spending the evening, Renko chooses a starting Puppet at Professor Oak's lab. Maribel and Renko then go out on a quest across the Pokemon World, trying to learn stuff about the Puppets, and more info on Gensokyo. Renko is one of the playable characters.

Features:
Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version comes with numerous features both similar and different to Vanilla Pokemon. Some prominent examples are:
  • Touhou characters, from Touhou 1 to Touhou 13.5, will all be obtainable within the game.
  • Pokemon will make appearances throughout the game, however limited. Very few Pokemon can be found in the wild. Others will be found by protective trainers, special in-game events, or the Southern Continent Pokemon Preservation.
  • Being able to visit regions from Gen III and downward (Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn), as well as the ability to traverse the Land of Illusions, Gensokyo.
  • The game runs the Touhoumon 1.8 Mechanics, which means a different type chart (Provided with the downloaded), as well as the Physical/Special Split on moves.
  • A Mystery Gift system, which can be accessed as soon as the first town, with already accessable gifts. To use Mystery Gift, you must go to a Pokemart and examine the piece of paper on the counter. This enables the Mystery Gift function.
  • There is a fully functioning Speed Button for the GBA-aholics here who enjoy their speed. To toggle the speed up, press the S button while there isn't a dialogue box of sorts on the screen. Preferably on the Overworld. This cannot be disabled unless you repeat in the same manner.
  • Game progression is less linear than Pokemon proper. It draws more heavily from the Gamecube games than the actual handheld games. The gym challenge is optional, and the Elite Four is not the End-All-Be-All of the game.
  • Since gym badges aren't required for game progression, the use of HMs is replaced with items that don't require badges. Examples of such: An Axe for Cut, a Lantern for Flash, a Pickaxe for Rock Smash.

Screenshots/Videos

Gym Battle with Curator Miles of Pewter Museum

Credits:
I really need to keep a better track of the credits, but from what I remember:
  • Flameguru, Pocill, Maruno: Development of Pokemon Essentials
  • HemoglobinA1C: Touhoumon in general.
  • Mugendai: Title screen, PokeXtractor tools, various graphics
  • Kaena: Various graphics, spell and grammar check
  • Agastya: Development feedback, permission to use his game as the base for my game, Touhoumon sprites
  • LeoModesto: Converted Touhoumon item graphics and various other graphics
  • Stuffman: Five Magic Stones Touhoumon Sprite
  • Aquamentis: Overworlds
  • FL: Tutorials for numerous scripts, specifically the "How to toggle the Running Shoes like in HgSs" tutorial, which was used to toggle the speed button.
  • Unknown People: Tilesets. If you see anyone's tiles in here and know who they are, please tell me so I can properly credit them.
Special credits go to:
  • Game Freak: Developers of Pokemon
  • Enterbrain: Developers of RPG Maker Series
  • ZUN: Head and sole developer of the Touhou Project series.

For more information about the game, future news and updates, the following blogs are where I post more information about the game. You can usually hit me with a message there when it comes to bug reports or feedback.
Changes in the current release:
Demo 6 Changelog - http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=x3Rr5xW6

Those two blogs are where you can keep up-to-date on all the information regarding Faith & Prayer Version.

Something to address before the download link. This is relevant if you are updating from Demo 1 or 2. Demo 3 should be fine
I am going to say this now to get it out of the way: You will need to start a new game - there is no getting around it. I have edited something in the Intro phase of the game that will be required for a later segment of the game. It's not yet implemented, but a precautionary measure - better to have it now and force people to restart while we're in Demo 2 than we implement it in Demo 10 and force people to restart that late into the game. There are a few other things which may break if you don’t start a new game, so I will restate what I said: YOU WILL NEED TO START A NEW GAME - THERE IS NO GETTING AROUND IT.

Another thing I want to address is: Read the Readme included with the game! I'm not writing it for my own benefit, as I know what's going into the game. I write it to keep the user base informed on what was fixed from previous versions, as well as ways to get in contact with me if there are bugs. Heck, it's even broken up into Table of Contents so you can skip to the section you want without scrolling.  It's for the convenience of you guys that I made the readme! Sometime after I release Demo 2, I got complaints about bugs and issues addressed in the readme - as a developer, the last thing I need to be is reminded about bugs I know exist when I'm the one informing you of their existence.

If you're updating from Demo 4 to Demo 5 or onward, please read this:
Demo 5 onward fixes the Black Void border around Kanto's exterior maps. Due to how I did it, maps are going to be shifted around a bit. To be sure you don't get stuck in a new area: PLEASE SAVE INSIDE A BUILDING BEFORE UPDATING BEYOND DEMO 4

Download Link for the Game:
Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version Demo 6 - Mediafire Link
Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version Demo 6 - Adf.ly Link - An Adf.ly link was included because, while I am in desperate need for money, I wouldn't feel entirely right forcing someone to sit through advertisements to download my game which isn't even entirely legal since I don't own Pokemon. You're free to use this link if you want to help fund me and my projects just a little bit.

Quick Patch Fixes:
The following links apply ONLY to Demo 6.
Demo 6 has two rather inconvenient issues in them. The first of them is an RGSS104E.dll error, the second is a warping issue. This quick patch fixes both of them. Apply ONLY to Demo 6. Instructions on how to use them are provided in the folder.
Download Link for the Patches:
This is for legacy purposes, and will not work in later versions. The download links are set to private.
Spoiler
It's come to my attention that Demo 5 has several bugs I wasn't aware of, probably due to my lack of testing of certain things. I apologize for this, I should have been more thorough with my checks. All I can do now is try to do better in the future and hope it doesn't happen again.
In the meanwhile, for Demo 5, there will be no new recompilations of the build. I've prepared quick patches that should fix the smaller, individual issues.

These patches fix the EXP Share not being obtainable, and fix the gatehouse on Route 7 linking into trees instead of Saffron City. The installation for these is simple, but easy to get wrong. All you need to do is extract the contents of EXP Share Fix and Route 7 Gatehouse Fix into the "(Game Folder)/Data" folder. I'd say do it in order of patch number, just to be safe, but I haven't really tested out what happens if you do the second patch first.

This demo picks up where Demo 4 and 5 left off, at New Bark Town, and goes into Johto Proper, taking you all the way to Route 32's end. Ruins of Alph is explorable, the east half of Route 36 is explorable. Dark Cave is not explorable.
I hope you all enjoy the game, just as much as I enjoy making it. I’ve hammered out a majority of the bugs that my testers have reported. If you find a bug or inconsistency, please contact me with where the bug is, so I can get on fixing it. The same goes for typos and grammatical errors. I've done my best to iron out as many kinks as I have for the public release.

- DerxwnaKapsyla[/list][/list]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 09:26:14 PM by DerxwnaKapsyla »
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline Zebesiano123

• A Member group
  • Getting into the hacking.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel (in both spanish ang english)
Re: Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version 1.8 - RPG Maker XP
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 11:56:36 PM »
Oh great!!, I have this game but I wasn't able to play the demo 2 due to a instant APPCRASH error in a window mentioning the RGSS Player, so, once I opened the main game executable automatically appears the said window saying that the RGSS Player don't response and then it closes. You know (or someone else) how to fix that?.
Also thank you a lot for releasing another demo :D. Downloading and going to test it if this APPCRASH doesn't appear again.
~Zebesiano123~

Offline Elyk

• tippydippy
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 07:32:57 PM »
About what percentage of the total planned content does this cover? I wouldn't want to start it only to have a completed version come out in a few months that doesn't support my save.

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 06:05:59 AM »
Trust me, a completed version will not be seen for a good long while. Demo 3 only covers ~80% of Kanto, which is approximately 1/3rd of the game.
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline Rinnemi

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 10:57:01 PM »
This looks very interesting!
I always agreed about the story part.
I'm gonna watch the progress of this project!

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 04:08:25 PM »
A bit delayed, but Demo 4 is now finally posted here, alongside Shrinemaiden's thread, Pokecommunity's post, and the CIDev Tumblog.
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 07:57:56 AM »
Demo 5 is now officially released and uploaded! The first post has been updated to reflect changes - get it while it's hot!
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 06:20:36 PM »
OH GOD RUSH CYCLE MODE
Demo 5.1 is released, it fixes a bug for new players starting the game in Pallet Town. I'M SORRY FOR THE DELAY. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THIS VERSION!
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 07:54:26 PM »
It's come to my attention that Demo 5 has several bugs I wasn't aware of, probably due to my lack of testing of certain things. I apologize for this, I should have been more thorough with my checks. All I can do now is try to do better in the future and hope it doesn't happen again.
In the meanwhile, for Demo 5, there will be no new recompilations of the build. I've prepared quick patches that should fix the smaller, individual issues.

These patches fix the EXP Share not being obtainable, and fix the gatehouse on Route 7 linking into trees instead of Saffron City. The installation for these is simple, but easy to get wrong. All you need to do is extract the contents of EXP Share Fix and Route 7 Gatehouse Fix into the "(Game Folder)/Data" folder. I'd say do it in order of patch number, just to be safe, but I haven't really tested out what happens if you do the second patch first.

I will append the first post with the quick patches so people can see them there.
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 11:52:08 PM »
A quick update from the development front!
Say hello to the first available Pokemon in Demo 6 of Faith & Prayer Version!

I’ve said in the past that Pokemon would eventually be obtainable in Faith & Prayer Version, just not for a while. It’s time to start making good on that claim! Pokemon will not be obtainable until the end of the Kanto arc of Faith & Prayer Version, which means finishing up at Cinnabar Island. Conveniently, that’s also where you can first obtain Pokemon - the Abandoned Cinnabar Mansion!

The Abandoned Cinnabar Mansion is the same as the one from Kanto games prior, except it’s now buried deep under the ground thanks to the volcanic eruption 7 years ago. Most of what could be explored before is completely ruined. However, it would seem a few old barricades have come undone, and the depths of this abandoned mansion are now explorable. What could be found in the depths of this neglected place? If you’ve read the journals in Cinnabar Mansion in the older games, you should have a good idea what awaits down here!

There’s also an event that awaits down at the deepest depths of the lab, but I won’t be spoiling what it is on this blog. All I will say is thà͟t̶͝͏ ͏SC̶̢̛I̶̸E͝NCE̸ ̕̕͢h́́̕à̷̛s ̧bee̵̡͢n̶͞ ҉̨͘c҉ơn͏͡dų͟c͘te̷̸d ͢i̵̡n̢͟ ̀͘t̡́h̀͘҉è̵ ̵͜wi̛l̵̴͘de̶̵s҉͜͝t͏̴͢ w̧͢͝a̶̴y̶ ̢p̛o͡s̢͘s̨i͠b̡l̨e͟҉!͠͏ O͝h̀ de̢̛a̶͞r̡ ̡̛́m̸è̷,̢͟͞ ͘͟͜i҉̛͠t͏̨̕ ̧see̢̡m̨̀͝s̶ ́̕͠m͝҉y̶̢ t̷̛͟ex̨͝t̵̢ ̨̡͢h̕̕a͏͏̨ş͜͏ ̴́b̶̴e̵̸ço̕m̢͞e ͢͝a̶ b̶͢͝it҉͟ ̸g҉͟lį̵t́ç̛ḩ̧̀e̡̕d̶͜͠!̧ ͠L̀͝ęt͜ ̀m̨͏ȩ ̵j͝us̕͘t.͠..̧̡ There we go! All fixed! Glitches are no good, and we must deal with them accordingly! We wouldn’t want any corruptions, now would we?

Another change you can see in these photos is the gender icon being different for Weezing and Graveler from Nazrin. The reason for this is another change that will be present in Demo 6: The separation of the gender classification for Puppets and Pokemon. A change that needed to come at some point was the hard distinction that Pokemon and Puppets are two very different species, and are not compatible at all - I'm crushing your hopes and dreams here and now, Pokemon and Puppets will not be able to breed with one another. Throw them in the Daycare all you want, they will not produce an egg! In the Advanced Tab of the Pokedex, you can see what Breed Group each species has. Puppets have an asterisk next to their breed groups, to signify that they cannot breed with Non-Asterisk breed groups. Even if you put a Speed Sariel in the daycare with a Mr. Mime, which both have Humanshape, there will be no egg produced. I wont stop you all from writing some weird fanfictions though..

There are a few other changes that are bound to occur. I’m also thinking of changing Kokoro to be the Shoddy Touhoumon Server Standard, but that’s for another day. I should also be updating to Essentials V14 sometime soon. This will likely be the last Essentials update I do, as it is becoming far too much work to maintain the updates when things massively change. I may try and cherry pick updates from Version 15 onward, but don’t expect much.

I can’t give you a date for Demo 6′s release, it won’t be for a while that’s for sure. I’ve got the exterior maps that will be present in this build completed, so what remains is interiors, NPCs, Trainers, and the sort. Demo 6, when complete, will end just outside Union Cave, south of Violet City in the Johto Region. The exploration of the second region begins soon! Exciting, isn’t it!
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 05:44:43 AM »
Quick update from the development side of things: Demo 6 is rapidly closing in on completion! I have just a few more trainers to plug in, then I have to send it off to my testers for quality control and feedback, then polish it up. There's a few other things aside from those that need to be worked on, but they'll be done come release. I'm hoping for a release sometime in June, so keep an eye out!
In the meanwhile, http://pastebin.com/qfCtvsNT, here's the current Demo 6 change log,, so you can see what's been done. This likely won't change much more between now and release.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 04:41:57 PM by DerxwnaKapsyla »
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline Chaos_lord

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 08:36:33 AM »
Your link to the new changelog is broken, it seems you forgot a colon and the website added another http to it.

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 10:47:43 PM »
Demo 6 is now online and ready to assimilate another few hours of your time! Changes are in the first post (or will be rather shortly, please be patient). This Demo also marks the end of the Kokoro event, and the start of the Yamame event. Get your idols while they're live (Note: Do not download A-No-Ne-Ga-N-Ba-Re before loading Demo 6.)

Specifics can be found here: http://chaoticinfinitydev.tumblr.com/post/121143477503/touhoumon-faith-prayer-version-demo-6-public
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:32:34 PM by DerxwnaKapsyla »
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2015, 10:57:27 PM »
I didn't report it here, but: Demo 6 has been found to have a few unsightly bugs. I have added Quick Patches 1 and 2 to the first post.
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline Rejnka

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 11:20:56 AM »
252+ SpA Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 255 HP / 255+ Def Sariel: 368-434 (101.09 - 119.23%) -- guaranteed OHKO

255 SpA Sariel Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mewtwo: 180-214 (50.99 - 60.62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
ay
ay
ay

da mewtwo man
goes around crushing your hopes and dreams

252+ SpA (custom) Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 166-196 (43.34 - 51.17%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Zapdos AncientPower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD (custom): 170-202 (68 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Not one-sided, but still in favor of Zapdos. on the other hand...

0 SpA Articuno Sheer Cold vs. really anything: 441-441 (100 - 100%) -- guaranteed OHKO