Author Topic: So I have a (probably silly) idea. Any suggestions on how to help?  (Read 6913 times)

Offline Alice Flare

• A Member group
  • i love the macaronis and the cheeses
    • View Profile
So, I've decided I want to make a hack. Of course, it will have all 1.8 mechanics(shards, branched evolutions, new types, etc.,).
It's going to be based on Puyo Puyo, so all 386 Pokémon will be replaced by Puyo Puyo characters.

i know its unrelated to touhou puppet play dont kill me

What I have/What I am doing right now
  • Writing down information about Puppets
  • Hacking tools
What I need
  • Sprites
  • Actual player characters
  • I have no idea what Pokémon game I should use as the base.
  • Probably more hacking tools than I have at the moment
What this hack will have
  • heaps of reason types
  • dark types everywhere
What this hack probably won't have
  • selfdestructing missiles and Hina clones
  • 600+ bst puppets thrown at you either before or after you beat the champion
  • illegal and lazy movesets slapped onto puppets
All (human/humanoid) characters in the Puyo Puyo series(most are going to be from Puyo Puyo!! Quest) will be included in this hack. A new region is also being planned.
Any feedback or ideas?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:37:04 PM by Alice Flare »
just another weirdo with strange tastes

Offline Zebesiano123

• A Member group
  • Getting into the hacking.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel (in both spanish ang english)
Re: So I have a (probably silly) idea. Any suggestions on how to help?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 12:42:31 AM »
Hmm, sounds good, I don't know what characters will appear though. From my pointside of view I suggest use emerald or ruby because as I know there are more THmons of Fire Red  than Emerald, Ruby or other editions but you may want pick FR (I don't play often E or R hacks so personally I'll may prefer FR because of certain places I like (Sevii Islands and a few others)).
Also if you need beta testers I want to be one.
Ah yes, two more:
> Replace the musics: for that I saw on a hack credits some tools that may help: Midi2GBA (I think this is the tool name that lets you convert MID to the GBA music format GSF) and Anvil Studio (for create MIDs), I didn't used them but you may be interested on try them.
> Add areas: As well new places or implementing the other regions may be a good idea for make the game more longer to end.
~Zebesiano123~

Offline Alice Flare

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 08:47:45 PM »
Okay, so the base will most likely be FireRed or Ruby.
I don't know if I should add signature moves for any Puppets, though. The levels will most likely get some kind of increase (4-7 levels maybe?). After the Elite 4 and the Champion, I plan on adding a (completely new non-Johto)region accessible through... maybe an extra dungeon(not-Cerulean Cave).

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
  • Successfully nuzlocked Touhoumon UnNamed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 09:49:41 PM »
I'd say go with FR myself. ruby's starting to become discontinued as far as new patches go, mainly from people moving on to emerald hacking.
as far as the signature moves, I'd say that you should make sure most types have decent STAB moves before jumping into signature moves.

Whelp, it finally happened. TouhoumonUnNamed HAS BEEN COMPLOCKED.

Offline Alice Flare

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 03:27:42 PM »
im not really one for signature moves
for now i'm just placing 120-130 bp moves onto puppets on their movesets

i also plan on creating an entirely new region with an added one before/after you beat the game.
i also want a plot as well to work out. here's one that i have right now:

"Quite a while ago, a young girl named Arle Nadja wanted something to play with.
So, she created dolls in the image of her, and her three best friends,
Rulue, Schezo, and Amitie.
Her friends saw these dolls, and asked for more and more dolls to be created.
When Arle finally finished her collection of dolls, she infused them with a magic power that brought these strange dolls to life.
She released them into the world, and they spread like wildfire.
The world was overpopulated with these "dolls".
A few months later, an anonymous person created a capsule called a "Puppet Orb".
That person created stronger versions of these Orbs that would effectively capture Puppets that wouldn't stay put in the original "Puppet Orb".
Soon, those "Puppet Orbs" reached the shelves, and people used them to befriend and battle with these Puppets.
The overpopulation crisis then stopped, and the average wild Puppet population reduced.

Now, it's up to the player to find out the mysteries of these Puppets."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:43:07 PM by Alice Flare »

Offline Zebesiano123

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 04:06:17 PM »
im not really one for signature moves
for now i'm just placing 120-130 bp moves onto puppets on their movesets

i also plan on creating an entirely new region with an added one before/after you beat the game.
i also want a plot as well to work out. here's one that i have right now:

"Quite a while ago, a young girl named Arle Nadja wanted something to play with.
So, she created dolls in the image of her, and her three best friends,
Rulue, Schezo, and Amitie.
Her friends saw these dolls, and asked for more and more dolls to be created.
When Arle finally finished her collection of dolls, she infused them with a magic power that brought these strange dolls to life.
She released them into the world, and they spread like wildfire.
The world was overpopulated with these "dolls".
A few months later, an anonymous person created a capsule called a "Puppet Orb".
That person created stronger versions of these Orbs that would effectively capture Puppets that wouldn't stay put in the original "Puppet Orb".
Soon, those "Puppet Orbs" reached the shelves, and people used them to befriend and battle with these Puppets.
The overpopulation crisis then stopped, and the average wild Puppet population reduced.

Now, it's up to the player to find out the mysteries of these Puppets."
Hmm, it may be at your decision, you can pick a small number of powerful moves or a higher number, in the PP of A. Sanae there are at least 10 useful signature moves once the puppet evolves to normal form (and more if they evolve to another form (A/D/T/S/H) like Jamming, Sky Attack, Eruption, Ominous Wind, etc.
Add many as you desire but not a lot (more or less than 10 or 8 should be enough), selecting more than 4 moves that makes the player confused to select 4 of them for the puppet. You can add a few powerful, some related to status problems (will-o-wisp, thunder wave), stat. lowering (screech, tail whip, growl) or any move you find worthy.
Also good work with the plot! and... it's decided that you'll hack FR?.
~Zebesiano123~

Offline Alice Flare

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 09:07:08 PM »
yeah im gonna hack firered
most puppets have a load of 80-90-100 BP moves

so far one of the starters is a faith type(gains dream upon evolution) physical attacker. one is kinda sorta all around though leaning towards physical and status moves and is dark type(gains steel upon reaching level 36, pure dark through one shard and gains wind through another). the last one is a reason-type special attacker that isnt bulky like alice is, but still can work with 80/85/100 defenses i guess

the dark/steel type starter is obviously the best starter

Offline Zebesiano123

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 12:02:19 AM »
Oh, good luck! I'll be looking fordward on your project, only another thing to remember (I think it's important but you can start with it later): be sure to replace ALL pokémon references with the correct terms and refs. to puppets, it's a thing in some hacks that's still not fixed but it's a minimal detail that should be fixed.
That's all!.
~Zebesiano123~

Offline Alice Flare

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 02:05:29 AM »
im also planning to add in the four doppelgangers (doppelganger arle, doppelganger schezo, dark witch, black kikimora) and also a little thing called warle

while the doppelgangers are a separate species from the originals, warle happens to be a shard evolution for chibi arle that has (slightly) lower bst (which is 510) than her other evolutions do

Offline Zebesiano123

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 02:15:47 AM »
Hohoho I still have to learn about this, I think the hack may help me to stand :3. Oh, a question, did you have luck with the sprites? (I'm a noob at this, I need to practise at spriting).
Remember that you can count with me as a tester, so I'll look and tell you for errors.
~Zebesiano123~

Offline Alice Flare

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 08:13:16 PM »
since warle will take over dex number 151 (essentially being a weaker mew) i think i'll probably create some kind of event involving her
so this means one of the boss characters (most likely satan) will be number 150 and the puppets replacing articuno, zapdos, and moltres will be.... you know what. idk.
one of them will probably be carbuncle
and also i need a snorlax replacement :(
planning puppet replacements is hard. whyyyy

Offline Zebesiano123

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 09:13:00 PM »
Ugh yes, you're right, various Touhoumon hacks has the puppets in diferent orders, but some of them had the puppets ordered alphabetically and so, it's a hard work that I need to try, too.
I was doing research and I found a tool for changing puppets types, for me it may help me to minimize the problems of which Pokémon will be replaced by a puppet: http://github.com/thekaratekid552/Secret-Tool/releases (find for "Gen_III_Suite.Windows-.English.Encoding.zip".
Now that I'm checking the program it looks pretty easy to use, it changes PKMN sprites, stats, types and more things (egg moves and all the other ways to learn moves). Also there's a bigger problem, I don't know how to replace the traditional types by the new ones (dream, miasma, wind, etc.), I need to solve that.
~Zebesiano123~

Offline Alice Flare

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 05:31:26 PM »
i also want to create a custom ending using one of the puyo puyo vocal tracks
im deciding between either arle's, amitie's, or andou's.
i kinda think arle's would be best because she by far appears in the most games in the entire series

i also believe i have created an abomination: dark witch with her stupidly high special attack stat. the only thing that weighs her down is her poor defense and HP, but that's it

also because i plan to add forms for merigu, shosu, and emii (the banshee trio) using the solar shard sadly it would have to be formatted as BanshTrio since there aren't enough characters for BansheeTrio available
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:08:06 PM by Alice Flare »

Offline Zebesiano123

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 04:00:00 AM »
Oh good, but the vocal part for the songs is a problem as I saw, long time ago I read that you need to do some sort of adjustment but obviously using extra programs.
It may be hard but possible, hope you success.
~Zebesiano123~

Offline Alice Flare

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 04:17:42 PM »
since there will probably be a few issues with handing out types to some characters (hint: kikimora) one puppet and its evolutionary relatives will probably be one of the only (unobtainable or obtainable) illusion types
oh yeah and i'd have to format the vocal part in SOME way

as for level curves the level jump between gym battles will be around 5-8 levels
the elite 4/champion's puppets will probably be around levels 60-70 with the highest-leveled puppet being level 74
and after the Fever arc (the second arc) is completed the elite 4/champion's will be around levels 80-100. but i don't want the level curves to be as brutal as yellow or a LOT of touhoumon hacks -shudders-

maybe ill have some canon characters that stay plot-important throughout a certain portion of the story and maybe some canon characters that are plot important throughout the entire game. i dunno
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 04:37:14 AM by Alice Flare »