Author Topic: Some questions about PP Emerald  (Read 3939 times)

Offline Zebesiano123

• A Member group
  • Getting into the hacking.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel (in both spanish ang english)
Some questions about PP Emerald
« on: March 21, 2014, 12:35:31 AM »
Oh yes, I'm getting started in this forum, most likely I'll be asking but if possible or if I have an idea contribute. Alright, I'll ask about Puppet Play Emerald:

• The project is in development yet? I'm checking often the website but nothing new :(
  • What are these letters P/ and S/ that are at the beggining of the moves descriptions?.
  • Which types are SP.ATK and ATK? I must know about that, I have only a little idea of some specials and physical/normal attacks. I believe this is the same for the PP Enhanced right?
~Zebesiano123~

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions about PP Emerald
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 12:43:59 AM »
Oh yes, I'm getting started in this forum, most likely I'll be asking but if possible or if I have an idea contribute. Alright, I'll ask about Puppet Play Emerald:

• The project is in development yet? I'm checking often the website but nothing new :(
  • What are these letters P/ and S/ that are at the beggining of the moves descriptions?.
  • Which types are SP.ATK and ATK? I must know about that, I have only a little idea of some specials and physical/normal attacks. I believe this is the same for the PP Enhanced right?

The emerald hack is finishedish as far as I know

P = physical, S = Special

Atk = Attack, SpAtk = Special Attack

Offline Zebesiano123

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 12:52:16 AM »

The emerald hack is finishedish as far as I know

P = physical, S = Special

Atk = Attack, SpAtk = Special Attack
1) Really? Because the official page says that it was updates about 6 months ago.
2) Ahh I see, I started to suppose that these are the meanings of the words just after posting, thanks! :D.
3) Oh sorry, I didn't explain well the answer, I'm talking about what types are specials and non-specials (FAITH, DREAM, HEART and others).
~Zebesiano123~

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 01:44:31 PM »
1.8 has a fully functional phys/special split

Offline Zebesiano123

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 02:29:42 PM »
1.8 has a fully functional phys/special split
Yes, I heard about that, but the problem is on the moves/puppet types, I don't know which ones are specials and not, except for FIRE, WATER and ICE that are some classic special types. Later, I don't know about for ex. "faith", "dream", "wind" (it's originally a SP.ATK type but it may changed), etc.
Thank you anyway.
~Zebesiano123~

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 08:09:31 PM »
...Phys special split..means there's no special/physical types.

Only special physical moves.

thus P and S at the start.

Such intuitive

Offline Zebesiano123

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 10:23:00 PM »
...Phys special split..means there's no special/physical types.

Only special physical moves.

thus P and S at the start.

Such intuitive
Oh, I stand right now, excuse the mess. I heard what you said before but I stood this different, and also thinking more on the PP 1.1 Enhanced that uses the same system. Thank you.
~Zebesiano123~

Offline Agastya

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 03:59:01 PM »
i haven't updated emerald in a while because i haven't had much reason to update
[6:30:51] DoctorShanks: Is Star Sapphire actually good or do people just use her because she's cute? Or both?
[6:30:55] Irisorchid: both
[6:30:57] &Agastya: both
[6:30:59] PrinnyAce: BOTH

Offline Zebesiano123

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 11:30:34 PM »
i haven't updated emerald in a while because i haven't had much reason to update
Oh, but you'll continue it?, I believe that you may add the DDC characters and/or something.
~Zebesiano123~

Offline Maltie

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 11:39:26 PM »
Yes, I heard about that, but the problem is on the moves/puppet types, I don't know which ones are specials and not, except for FIRE, WATER and ICE that are some classic special types. Later, I don't know about for ex. "faith", "dream", "wind" (it's originally a SP.ATK type but it may changed), etc.
Thank you anyway.
the charts on this page should help you with that.

if this helps with your confusion too:

dream = fighting
faith = dragon
heart = bug
reason = psychic
earth = ground
beast = rock
miasma = poison
wind = electric
nature = grass
illusion = normal

please note that weaknesses and resistances have been heavily tweaked in 1.8, too.

and I think he means what types are phys/spec for the most part. if so, refer to this:

mainly physical types: beast, dream, steel, flying, illusion(?)
mainly special types: nature, wind, reason, heart, fire, ghost

other types that I forgot didn't list are most likely going to be a spread of both phys and spec.

Offline Zebesiano123

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 11:46:41 PM »
Ah yeah!, one use of this is the ability to avoid or prevent of being damaged by a counterattack of Mirror Coat or Counter (for that and may be my posible hack I asked about the types, anyway I need to learn about the types split by myself). Thank you :D.
~Zebesiano123~