Author Topic: Questions regarding the wiki & Touhoumon Emerald 1.8  (Read 5418 times)

Offline Tempus_Spatium

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Questions regarding the wiki & Touhoumon Emerald 1.8
« on: March 02, 2014, 04:54:36 AM »
Hello, a little time ago I was breeding for perfect IVs pokemon, and after some IV checking using an iv calc I made (also using serebii's iv calculator for double-check) and getting error results of invalid base values, by following the base values as depicted on the wiki, it seems some of the wiki stats are invalid? I might be messing up with the iv calcs though.
Iirc the problem happened with CAya, CHatate, and I don't remember others, but a lot of other pokemon I IV-Checked seemed to work fine, only a few did not.
So is there any information on whether some wik information on base stats might be off?

Now this was some time ago, what actually encouraged me for creating a thread was another thing - why is there no information on Salamence, Gyarados, Dragonite and Garchomp anywhere? From the 4th battler of the elite four:
Spoiler
I searched on the readme file and on the wiki and found no information whatsover. Not that I'm particularly interested in these pokemon, but that it makes me feel a little dubious on whether I'm playing the correct rom (even though every other information was accurate so far, besides some base stats problems as mentioned above)

Sorry for jumping in and asking all these questions - Any input is appreciated
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:58:03 AM by Tempus_Spatium »

Offline Doesnt

• much sand. wow.
  • A Member group
  • ***************************************************************************************
    • View Profile
Re: Questions regarding the wiki & Touhoumon Emerald 1.8
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 05:24:01 AM »
The moemon dragons aren't obtainable and were never meant to be used by the player- that's why there's no documentation. I went ahead and grabbed the stats for them though:

Salamence- Dark/Illusion, Intimidate, 95/135/80/110/80/100
Garchomp- Earth/Illusion, Intimidate, 105/130/95/80/85/105
Gyarados- Water/Flying, Intimidate, 95/125/80/60/100/80
Charizard- Fire/Flying, Blaze, 80/85/80/110/85/100
Dragonite- Flying/Illusion, Speed Boost, 90/135/95/100/100/80

Rayquaza- Wind/Illusion, Levitate, 105/150/90/150/90/95
Giratina- Ghost/Illusion, Pressure, 150/100/120/100/120/90
Palkia- Water/Illusion, Intimidate, 90/120/100/150/120/100
Dialga- Steel/Illusion, Intimidate (changed to Focus in Emerald), 100/120/120/150/100/90
Latios- Reason/Illusion, Speed Boost, 80/90/80/170/150/110

(stats in HP/Atk/Def/SAtk/SDef/Speed order)

In Fire Red 1.8, Lance uses the first five in his normal battle and the latter five in the rematch. In the first fights they have unedited movesets, so you get to deal with ridiculous movesets like Thunder Wave Charizard- in the second fight their movesets are edited but with little respect for what the mon actually learns (Hydro Pump Dialga ahoy). They are all unobtainable and were never meant to be used by the player- they don't even have backsprites or proper movepool data.

Emerald 1.8 (which is what it looks like you're playing) handles them similarly- most of them are lurking in the Battle Pyramid's later rounds though. They're also still unobtainable and will almost certainly remain that way. Since the wiki is mostly meant as a reference for playing on Shoddy, it leaves them out as they have no place in competitive battling.

As far as the IV checking goes, I checked CAya and CHatate's pages on the wiki- they're accurate. Would you mind posting the stats and natures of some puppets that don't check out for you? Also make sure you're using a puppet that doesn't have any EVs- while you can IV check one that has been EV'd it's a lot easier to mess up.
i accidentally deleted your avatar so have 90 stars instead ~agastya

Offline Tempus_Spatium

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 05:38:48 AM »
I see... Thanks for clearing that up, and yes I'm playing emerald 1.8.
On the IV matter, here's a just-bred CHatate (all the ones I checked ivs were straight out of the egg too, no evs)
      ordering: (hp attack defense sp.attack sp.defense speed)
      baseStats = 50, 45, 50, 75, 80, 80 (according to wiki)
      stats = 21, 9, 11, 13, 11, 13
      level = 5;
      nature = Lax
And pics:
The results I get:
HP: 20
Att: -10
Def: 0
Spa: 10
Sde: 0
Spe: 0
(Invalid Att)

Offline Doesnt

• much sand. wow.
  • A Member group
  • ***************************************************************************************
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 01:06:07 PM »

Looks to me like your IV calc is broken- with base 45 and neutral nature in a stat, a 9 at level 5 means the IV ranges from 0-9.

Personally I prefer to use simulators to figure out IVs instead of IV calcs- they're a bit less efficient since you're using trial and error, but they won't do this to you.
i accidentally deleted your avatar so have 90 stars instead ~agastya

Offline Tempus_Spatium

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 10:39:42 PM »
Ah, so the wiki really wasn't wrong, that's very reassuring.
Thanks for the tip on battle simulators, haven't thought on using them before, will do from now on.