Author Topic: Touhoumon Unnamed (1.8)  (Read 55832 times)

Offline Wrulfang

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: Touhoumon Unnamed (1.8)
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2015, 05:04:30 PM »
the chibi wakasagihime from the first trainer at cerulean city gym has a weird moveset. it has sing instead of sweet kiss, and still bubble instead of aurora beam.

The wiki says that it learns sing instead of sweet kiss, (althought I still think sweet kiss is more balanced at that point, as how annoying Chibi mystias can be)

Offline Wrulfang

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »
More stuff:

-the middle biker of the 3 bikers that are static on route 14 (there are 4 bikers there, below the grass, 3 static and one moving) has a Nue at lv 38, but Nue evolves at lv40. Is normal Nue, not attack or technical.

-I'm just past blaine and still haven't seen a single chibi sekibanki. I have no idea where it can be. No trainer has used one.

Also, advancemap seems to not work pretty good with outside of dex pokemon, all of them show as chibi miko (411), and some areas like the pokemon tower or the power plant simply crash.

Edit: I did a series of walk though walls to get a Sekibanki from the victory road, breed it, but the resulting egg was still a sekibanki, and with the same moves as the female.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 11:14:01 AM by Wrulfang »

Offline eienseiryuu

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2015, 04:15:22 PM »
@Wrulfang I've caught a Chibi Sekibanki from Route 7 at lvl 27. I think that's between Celadon and Saffron.

and lol yes I made an account to tell you where it was

Offline kurotao

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2016, 07:10:42 PM »
Someone would be kind enough to leave me a link to the patched game, and tried to patch several times and does not work me, if possible at private message to remove the original link no patch.

Offline Roadkill

• A Member group
  • >scope lens
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2016, 08:01:57 PM »
Did you make sure to install it on a clean FireRed rom? I had no problems whatsoever when I played it.

also i'm pretty sure linking patched games is against the rules even by pm

Offline kurotao

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2016, 01:47:49 AM »
Did you make sure to install it on a clean FireRed rom? I had no problems whatsoever when I played it.

use a clean version, use at least 3 Red Fire, different pages, now if you used a cleaner version at least another page, me could spend, have if I work on that, because to me it hits me on the screen "Game Freak"

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
  • Successfully nuzlocked Touhoumon UnNamed
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2016, 06:48:20 PM »
So I was going through with the nuzlocke grinding and I found something... off about AKokoro:

(the second frame she's aligned properly but the first frame she's not)

Whelp, it finally happened. TouhoumonUnNamed HAS BEEN COMPLOCKED.

Offline Drewko

• A Member group
  • Hi! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2016, 03:30:46 AM »

use a clean version, use at least 3 Red Fire, different pages, now if you used a cleaner version at least another page, me could spend, have if I work on that, because to me it hits me on the screen "Game Freak"

Search for Pokemon Fire Red 1.0.
Oh, and remember about setting Real-time clock and save type (flash 128k).

Offline sdw7sm

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2016, 03:39:18 AM »
A few things I've noticed:

I am not able to use Flash outside of battle. It doesn't even show up as an option on the Pokemon puppet I taught it to. It is making Rock Tunnel quite annoying...

Also, CRin's Pokédex entry text seems to be glitched. It shows weird text all smashed together. CRin is #108, which falls well within the normal Pokédex range, so it should have a normal entry, right?

I am not sure if these things are just issues with my rom, or an issue with the patch. Everything else seems to be functioning relatively normally...

Offline agitosasaki

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2016, 01:58:58 PM »
Can anyone help? I just can't seem to get this hack to work for my roms.

I've tried 3 different Fire Red roms so far and none of them worked out. The best I got was a clean 1.0 rom that worked fine up until leaving the player's house in Pallet Town. Attached is a screenie of what happens upon leaving the house.

Offline decondelite

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2016, 07:23:45 PM »
Will this hack ever be updated soon?
It's been quite a while it doesn't seem to, and if overall I'm rather satisfied, there are a few issues that would be nice to address.

1) The 50% power buff for attack compatibility ruins everything
This thing, out of Pokémon mechanics, ruins just everything in terms of versatility. A damn TON of moves are simply useless for our puppets, simply because you're better off using one of the moves that correspond to one of its two types.
If this horrible thing was nerfed (I think that 15% would be a better compromise), that would allow us to really have a use for alternate moves. For ewample, I'd have gladly taught Thunder Punch and Ice Punch to my Lily Black if 75*2 was much greater than 90*1.5 (Soar and Dark Pulse).

2) The general mechanics behind many moves that make them near-useless.
You know, these moves that no one ever uses, because they simply rely on luck way too much, are too situational (thus waste a move slot that could be far more useful) or simply because you're better off hitting quick and hard. Things like Sing, Snatch, Recycle, Foresight, and God knows what else.

3) A few poor movesets.
There are some movesets that are extremely disapointing. Either the puppet learns moves that are completely useless for its level (because hey it already has much better in stock), or it is repetitive, or they lack any originality/strategy. My biggest disapointment came from Kagerou, who learned Beast attacks one after the other with barely any subtlety or difference of power between each other, with barely any support skill at all.

3) ZFairy is the worst pain in the ass to capture, ever.
I have nothing against this or that pokemon/doll being a bitch to catch due to 1/2 problematic moves, but ZFairy is really overdone in this domain. She simply cumulates all the worst conditions to be caught. Even a legendary is child's play compared to her!
You know, when a legendary Pokemon/Puppter is hard to catch, it is quite normal because hey you're supposed to have a hard time to catch it. You do can build a special special team only to capture THAT legendary with maximum success chances. I managed to catch all legendaries so far by wasting all their problematic moves PP with Coerce, by weakening them to near death with False Swipe (it leaves only 1HP), then sending them to sleep, then ultra orb spam till they finally give up.

But ZFairy... it's a whole new level of being a plain pain. First, each and EVERY of its 4 moves are there only to be a pain in the ass for you : Teleport, Self-Destruct, Memento and Perish Song. Three to commit suicide, one to flee! She has only 1HP, so there's no weakening her.
The last but not the least, her catch rate is so low that you have even less chances to capture her than to capture a legendary! I have already thrown dozens, dozens, dozens and dozens of ultra orbs at her, I have never been able to catch her.
So overall, what's the best thing to do right now? You turn in circles in Cinabar Mansion for hours and hours and HOURS, because to top off all this, she has a low spawn chance. Even if you do meet one, what do you do? You just use Sing/Hypnosis and pray that the 60% hit connects so it sleeps. Forget about Yawn and its 100% accuracy, of course. It it doesn't connect, consider that if she used Perish Song, you've been lucky. Otherwise, you're off to turn in the mansion again to find another. If by pure miracle you managed to make her sleep, you have to pray now that one of the few orbs (meaning : between 1 and 4) that you'll throw at her will manage to catch her, because once she wakes up it's basically GAME OVER for you. And then circles in the mansion again.

And all this for what? A generic zombie fairy that is worthless in actual combat?

4) The dex is still missing quite a lot of entries.
Well, this by itself would justify an update.

Overall, I have rather enjoyed this hack, but the good things that it contains (mostly having everyone till Ten Desires being dispatched a bit everywhere) are ruined by being an unfinished game that seems to be abandoned. Yet another hack that won't come out of the lot, overall and sadly.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 07:29:23 PM by decondelite »