Author Topic: My team  (Read 4954 times)

Offline Voltex

• A Member group
    • View Profile
My team
« on: October 14, 2013, 02:10:15 AM »
Decided to share the only Team I have battled with.
I built it with my favorite Puppets so it ended up with several weaknesses, and the forms and builds of some of them are not the best because I am testing, so any help will be appreciated.

Attack Rumia (F) @ Mistress Outfit
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 ATK/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd,-Sp.Atk)
- Braver
- Poison Jab
- Superpower
- Trash

Physical sweeper, Anti-Lead?. Her purpose is to take down the opponent's lead and switch out to revenge kill something later. Not using Special Bloomers because I am not really a fan of the item.

Nue (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd,-Sp. Atk)
- Brave Bird
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance
- Recover

Physical Sweeper. Experimental Nue set with investment on HP to take the most from Recover and attempt multiple SDs. Sometimes works and Recover let's her stall a bit, but most of the time she only gets to SD once and sweep what she can.

Yamame (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infectious
EVs: 252 HP/64 Atk/188 Sp.Def
Careful nature (+Sp.Def,-Sp.Atk)
- Curse
- Pain Split
- Poison Jab
- Rock Bullet

Curse Sweeper? Experimental Curse set that is not working well. Rock Bullet is there to defeat annoying Mimi-Chans and in theory it should become dangerous after multiple Curses (with high priority the Speed reduction becomes irrelevant), but I have never been able to pull it off: she doesn't last enough even after 2 Curses.
With 188 Sp.Def she reaches a decent 300 Sp.Def but I'm thinking in scrapping this moveset entirely and go for an Spike build, or perhaps go for Speed Yamame instead.

Speed Kogasa (F) @ Petaya Berry (Sp.Atk)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Surf
- Twister

Utility. Took this set from Ichor's moveset thread and it am satisfied with it.

Murasa (M) @ Liechi Berry (Atk)
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk,-Sp.Atk)
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Substitute

Physical Sweeper. To be honest I have not battled with this build yet so I don't know if it any good. Used to have a Murasa with Aqua Jet/ Steel Fist/Sub/Haze for utility and EV investment on Sp.Def for using her as an Special Wall but she was not working well. So I went for this build focuses on Maximizing Atk and hit with Aqua Jet. Ice Punch and Psycho Cut are for hitting Natures and Faiths who resist Aqua Jet.

Yukari (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Barrier
EVs: 252 HP/132 Def/120 Sp.Atk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Mana Burst
- Mana Charge
- Rest
- Snore

Calm Mind + Rest. My pride and joy and she is often my lifesaver. With 132 Def EV she reaches a respectable 350 Def, and lets me invest the rest on Sp.Atk to compensate her low Base 75 Sp.Atk. I know Snore looks like a gimmick but attacking while sleeping is really good, and Dream happens to be effective against types that resist Reason (except Ghost, but inflicts neutral damage against it).

As you can see, the team doesn't have any specific strategy or goal: it's more of an anything-goes team with barely any synergy. Then, 3 Puppets being weak to Ghost and Reason, and only 1 Puppet resisting Ghost doesn't help.
I must admit that while I have the basic idea for building movesets, I'm not good when it comes to teams, so I am asking for your advice.
But, if possible, I would like to keep these Puppets, or at most change them to other Forms that support better the team.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: My team
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 06:40:34 PM »
You could probably swap to a tailpass team setup built around T Yamame.

Offline Voltex

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 08:20:19 PM »
I'm assuming you mean Speed Yamame because Technical cannot learn Baton Pass nor benefits from Tailwind.

And yeah, that's what I thought at first but I would like to test an Spike Yamame before shifting to S Yamame. The thing is that I have no idea which EVs and nature would be the best for that build.

However, the vulnerability to Ghost and Reason is one of my biggest concern, so any suggestions of Puppets who can patch those weaknesses will be appreciated.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 07:55:34 AM »
I'm assuming you mean Speed Yamame because Technical cannot learn Baton Pass nor benefits from Tailwind.

And yeah, that's what I thought at first but I would like to test an Spike Yamame before shifting to S Yamame. The thing is that I have no idea which EVs and nature would be the best for that build.

However, the vulnerability to Ghost and Reason is one of my biggest concern, so any suggestions of Puppets who can patch those weaknesses will be appreciated.

I didn't go into the whole "fixing the glaring typing issues" because you stated the whole "want to keep all my mons" thing and far be it from me to separate a man from his favorite puppets.

A few minor tweaks would be

Heart Type Good

S Yams is the superior root vegetable

Special def is the way to go with Murasa

Mana Charge Yukari is soooo slooooow x.x

Swap to stallbreaker Nue and move her to the lead spot. She's pretty rage inducing if used right.

Offline Voltex

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 06:50:51 PM »
I didn't go into the whole "fixing the glaring typing issues" because you stated the whole "want to keep all my mons" thing and far be it from me to separate a man from his favorite puppets.

My point was that ideally I would like to keep my fav mons but I actually don't mind going for other Puppets for the sake of the team.
Plus, those 6 are not only my favorites so, for instance, now that you recommend a Heart Puppet, I can look for other Puppets that I like with Heart-typing, such as a Koishi or a Parsee form.

Any move suggestions for a Sp.Def Murasa?

Will stick with Recover Nue for the time being to test and confirm if it is a worthy build or not. Then I will switch to Stallbreaker as suggested.

Something similar goes for Yukari: want to continue testing the whole Rest+Snore build. She might be slow, but she has been quite effective so far.

Will go for an Baton Pass S Yamame then.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 06:54:20 PM by Voltex »

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 07:32:54 PM »

My point was that ideally I would like to keep my fav mons but I actually don't mind going for other Puppets for the sake of the team.
Plus, those 6 are not only my favorites so, for instance, now that you recommend a Heart Puppet, I can look for other Puppets that I like with Heart-typing, such as a Koishi or a Parsee form.

Any move suggestions for a Sp.Def Murasa?

Will stick with Recover Nue for the time being to test and confirm if it is a worthy build or not. Then I will switch to Stallbreaker as suggested.

Something similar goes for Yukari: want to continue testing the whole Rest+Snore build. She might be slow, but she has been quite effective so far.

Will go for an Baton Pass S Yamame then.

*shrug* look up typings and stuff to pike the mons you like, but your main drops from the team will probably be kogasa yukari and rumia

Offline Voltex

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 09:08:20 PM »
I find funny how I considered Yukari and Rumia among the strongest of the team, while you mention they are the ones I should be likely dropping.
You might say I am being too picky, but I don't want to change more than 2 members of the team, because then I might as well build another team.
Actually I just wanted to optimize this team I got now, as I noticed that vanilla Yamame and Murasa were not working well, and wanted to know if there were better builds for them, which was the case for Nue.
You already helped me with that; thanks for your suggestions so far.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:28:33 PM by Voltex »