Author Topic: Attack Remilia  (Read 2409 times)

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
Attack Remilia
« on: August 13, 2013, 08:16:22 AM »

http://thpp.supersanctuary.net/wiki/Attack_Remilia

Typing: Dark/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye/Pressure
Hp:75
Atk:135
Def:60
SpAtk:90
SpDef:70
Spd:120

4x dream resistance, immunity to ghost and earth, amazing offensive stats and near perfect coverage in 2 moves. Attack Remilia is just insanely good at punching holes in teams and can even clean up late game once those pesky blade flash users are out of the way. Seriously, think staraptor with Zam stats and no rock weakness. Then make it better. Thats how good remi is.

Choice

Attack Remilia @ Special Bloomers
Ability: Keen eye
Ev's: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
Nature Jolly (+Spd/-SpAtk)
-Soar
-Thrash
-Superpower
-Fire punch

Soar/Thrash is an amazing stab combination resisted by a mere handful of puppets all of whom are hit neutrally by superpower so I got a bit lazy with the last moveslot, fire punch hits Yumeko slightly harder than superpower on the switch but honestly you can run whatever here. Usage is simple, swap in on one of Remilia's myriad resistances or immunities and fire off hay-maker blows until the opposing defensive core just cant take it anymore. Legit hole puncher is legit

Counters: Yumeko, and Rika are easily Remilia's best counters as they can soak any hit Remilia has and threaten her out with a nasty 4x effective steel move, Ghosts can come in on thrash and blade flash will always kill Remilia making her a breeze to revenge or force out.

Support: Due to her hit and run nature Remilia wants a solid core to retreat into. Spikes are always useful as all of Remilias counters lack reliable recovery and para support can further limit her counters. Furthermore Remilia can pick up a baton passed tailwind or swords dance boost on a non choice set after your opponents blade flasher dies and sweep.

Options: You can lose the band and run a type item/lum + roost, or  taunt, in the last spot to swap moves around and gain utility, Lum+ taunt makes a legit antilead, roost,taunt can wall break like nobody's business and thanks to her "ok" 90 special attack Remilia has the option of going mixed on her last move to maim her few counters on swap in. I would post these as separate sets (or add them to the main set) but that would get super redundant or super confusing very quickly as your only changing 1 or 2 moves and possibly using a hasty nature over jolly.

Note: Attack Remilia's alternate sets are by no means bad or suboptimal (unless its nasty plot A remi, then yes it sucks) choice is simply the set with the most raw power.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 01:11:51 AM by joshcja »

Offline SG-Sanae

• A Member group
  • Sanae is a good girl
    • View Profile
Re: Attack Remilia
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 09:25:15 AM »
Steel Wing is Remilia's best option against other Dark-Types, so you could run this over Fire Punch. It's exceptionally effective against other Remilias, for instance.

Offline Rhetco

• A Member group
  • Waaaaaaahh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 09:49:33 AM »
Yeah, Steel Wing is pretty rad on Remilia. And it's not like fire punch would see much use, since staying in on steel types that resist Superpower tends to be a bad idea
One day I'll be famous for all the amazing things I've achieved. But until then, I'm going to continue doing absolutely nothing.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 10:03:50 AM »
Yeah, Steel Wing is pretty rad on Remilia. And it's not like fire punch would see much use, since staying in on steel types that resist Superpower tends to be a bad idea

Wut

Stab Thrash = 150 BP
Stab soar = 135 BP
2x SE steel wing = 150 BP
neutral superpower =120
2x SE fire punch =150

4th moveslot is pretty trivial on band A remi Fire punch just happens to hit her 2 best counters hard. Non choice sets tend to prefer a support/special move.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:08:09 AM by joshcja »

Offline Rhetco

• A Member group
  • Waaaaaaahh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 10:30:24 AM »
I'm aware of that, I'm just saying that fighting steel types is really risky for Attack Remilia.  Even if she does have a way to beat up both the steels weak to dream, and the steels that take neutral from dream, she's still likely to get blade flashed, so imo it would be better to have coverage on something that doesn't carry a chance of ohkoing her with priority, and just switching out when the inevitable steel comes in.

...But by this point I'm basically just theoryfagging since I've only used her a couple of times, so I guess I'll shut up now.
One day I'll be famous for all the amazing things I've achieved. But until then, I'm going to continue doing absolutely nothing.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 11:01:02 AM »
I'm aware of that, I'm just saying that fighting steel types is really risky for Attack Remilia.  Even if she does have a way to beat up both the steels weak to dream, and the steels that take neutral from dream, she's still likely to get blade flashed, so imo it would be better to have coverage on something that doesn't carry a chance of ohkoing her with priority, and just switching out when the inevitable steel comes in.

...But by this point I'm basically just theoryfagging since I've only used her a couple of times, so I guess I'll shut up now.

I did try steel wing and...never ever used it, mainly cause pitiful BP difference neutrally. Remi speed ties or is outspeed by every other thing 4x weak to steel that I can think of after speed boost and I try to minimize luck...because I dont have any.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:02:44 AM by joshcja »

Offline Naļ

• A Member group
  • In training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »
Dark/Steel is still pretty good coverage, even if you don't use the Steel part too often.
Quote from: LL
Steel Wing is Remilia's best option against other Dark-Types, so you could run this over Fire Punch. It's exceptionally effective against other Remilias, for instance.

The fourth slot isn't gonna see much use either way though.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP]Attack Remilia
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 12:56:10 AM »
Bump cause fixed