Author Topic: Attack Sanae  (Read 6383 times)

Offline Naļ

  • A Member group
  • Posts: 140
  • In training
    • View Profile
Re: Attack Sanae
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 12:32:08 AM »
120 BP is a lot of difference from 80 BP considering her 130 SAtk and STAB.

Besides, the 60% flinch requires ASanae being faster than her opponent, and that won't be happening way too often without paralyzing things beforehand - and more often than not, you won't be able to just paralyze a counter before switching out, unless you manage to paralyze it on the switch-in.

Offline shai_LP

  • A Member group
  • Posts: 107
  • aaaaaaaaaaa
    • View Profile
Re: Attack Sanae
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 12:37:33 AM »
pssst
pssst

Don't forget reliability.

That less than 100% accuracy can show up at the worst time

Extrasensory is pretty solid for what it does.

Still Silver Wind deserves at least a / in because I'm pretty sure Silver Wind has a % chance to do something extra/is a stronger hit vs Inner Focus/ADVENT mons.

Wiki says Silver Wind has a 30% chance of reducing speed... what the.

Offline joshcja

  • A Member group
  • Posts: 281
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: Attack Sanae
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 12:42:44 AM »
Added silver wind as an option, cant think of many places it would be more useful but wynaut.

Offline Rhetco

  • A Member group
  • Posts: 70
  • Waaaaaaahh
    • View Profile
Re: Attack Sanae
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 12:48:50 AM »
Quote from: Naļ
Did you place your priority on paralyzing things?

Like I mentioned myself earlier, the accuracy drop doesn't really do much if it's not stacked with paralysis.
She has to somehow paralyze things (possibly having to switch out and back in the process) before bothering with Muddy Water in the first place. The point is how that'd be done, and if it'd be worth doing. Otherwise, Aqua Shower/Surf are better options.


Of course I tried to paralyze things. How else is Attack Sanae going to out-speed Attack Mystia? (Though I'll admit that this is my fault. I should have mentioned that AMystia was paralyzed in my previous post.)
One day I'll be famous for all the amazing things I've achieved. But until then, I'm going to continue doing absolutely nothing.

Offline Naļ

  • A Member group
  • Posts: 140
  • In training
    • View Profile
Re: Attack Sanae
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 12:59:37 AM »
I still have to test it myself to actually find out, but... I see. That's a bit disappointing :<

Well, I didn't expect the set to be the easiest ever to play as. Maybe if you just run a TWave/Surf/Extrasensory/Endure set?... Endure+Salac is always an option (since she does have the base speed for it), as well as Endure+Petaya, but Endure+Salac is probably just redundant considering she kind of runs paralysis in all of her sets.



She could try a TWave/Aqua Shower/Wish/Detect set, too. The idea would be to paralyze things, recover whatever damage you're facing, then use the high current HP to either Aqua Shower whatever before they hit you or Aqua Shower-ing the switch-in. It could surprisingly work, and hey, it's good for support: you've got paralysis, wish support and Detect scouting, and that Aqua Shower is bound to hurt.



It... kind of makes me sad to only see her as viable in this way, though. I'll play around with Serene Grace a bit more, study actual proven Pokemon SG sets and see if ASanae can apply that in any way, but other than that, I guess she's stuck with Aqua Shower. At least she can do a better job at it than HEirin since ASanae has way more SAtk and a way to reliably outspeed her opponents...

Offline Rhetco

  • A Member group
  • Posts: 70
  • Waaaaaaahh
    • View Profile
Re: Attack Sanae
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 01:15:33 AM »
She could try a TWave/Aqua Shower/Wish/Detect set, too. The idea would be to paralyze things, recover whatever damage you're facing, then use the high current HP to either Aqua Shower whatever before they hit you or Aqua Shower-ing the switch-in. It could surprisingly work, and hey, it's good for support: you've got paralysis, wish support and Detect scouting, and that Aqua Shower is bound to hurt.

That actually sounds pretty interesting. I'd like to see that in action.


...And don't forget about TSanae!
One day I'll be famous for all the amazing things I've achieved. But until then, I'm going to continue doing absolutely nothing.

Offline Agastya

  • Administrator
  • A Member group
  • *****
  • Posts: 173
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
Re: Attack Sanae
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 01:19:44 AM »
i prefer tech sanae for twave grace paraflinch personally, if only due to the higher base speed in case you can't get the twave off safely

also, extrasensory is only a 20% (40%) chance to flinch, not 60%.
[6:30:51] DoctorShanks: Is Star Sapphire actually good or do people just use her because she's cute? Or both?
[6:30:55] Irisorchid: both
[6:30:57] &Agastya: both
[6:30:59] PrinnyAce: BOTH

Offline joshcja

  • A Member group
  • Posts: 281
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: Attack Sanae
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 01:21:26 AM »
i prefer tech sanae for twave grace paraflinch personally, if only due to the higher base speed in case you can't get the twave off safely

also, extrasensory is only a 20% (40%) chance to flinch, not 60%.

Ah, my bad

Offline joshcja

  • A Member group
  • Posts: 281
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP]Attack Sanae
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 11:36:09 PM »
Bump cause cleaned up

Offline Naļ

  • A Member group
  • Posts: 140
  • In training
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP]Attack Sanae
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 06:55:21 PM »
While I didn't have internet at home, I tested the Rain Dance/Muddy Water/Extrasensory/Thunder on cart, and, well... although I can't tell whether it's effective or not yet (it works on cart, but on Shoddy? no idea), I was able to determine that Muddy Water isn't worth it, after all.

Surf basically beat Muddy Water hands down, with or without Rain Dance.
Sigh. Oh well, guess I'll keep testing, then bring it to Shoddy later and see if it outperforms other sets.

Offline joshcja

  • A Member group
  • Posts: 281
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP]Attack Sanae
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 08:27:26 PM »
To explain why only 1 set.

A Sanae's a pretty one dimensional aqua shower spammer. Changing 1 move or her item is kinda not enough to justify a new set and her other full build options are...

Calm mind?... I've never had any success with CM ASanae, if someone can find a set that isn't complete setup bait for really demonic stuff like TByakuren, Star Saphire, or SMedicine and can bypass her usual counters let me know. Bypassing her normal counters is a big deal cause there are WAY better straight up CM users. Till then it'll stay in options.

Wish support? This seems like it could be really useful but its a niche "glue" set and needs to be tailored to each teams needs. Otherwise I'd probably post this.

Rain Dance? Waste a turn to almost do as much damage as aqua shower and gain no useful coverage.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:40:18 AM by joshcja »