Author Topic: I had time on the bus why not [RMT pls]  (Read 7288 times)

Offline shai_LP

• A Member group
  • aaaaaaaaaaa
    • View Profile
I had time on the bus why not [RMT pls]
« on: August 06, 2013, 12:29:50 AM »
Maybe this putting thoughts on paper thing will give me some insight on how to improve these iunno

What the what is this

mimi-chan

Code: [Select]
Rock Head
Lum Berry
Jolly
252spe 252atk 4hp
Double Edge
Explosion
Flare Blitz
Head Smash

Back when Tenma/Sendai were around this was pretty much bait to call them out early. Still bait for Rock Bullets/Earthquakes/Things that can tank an Explosion but It's main purpose is to provide pressure straight from the beginning of the match

if I know the main lead is going to be a bother I'll just blow up then and there to force a 5v5, otherwise, this just punches holes through teams or Takes a time-out to come back Revenges later when I probably switch to...

dark alice

Levitate
Mistress Outfit
252spe 252spA 4hp
Timid
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Mana Burst
Thunderbolt

Comes in on the obvious Earth-Move on Mimi-chan and wrecks havok.

Meant to punch holes in the enemy team, back then cleanly OHKO'd Sendai and could put up a fight vs most Tenma sets[weakened by explosion or not].

Nowadays it just clicks one of it's STABs unless a coverage move could do better.
Not sure if I should stick with BoltBeam tbh but I don't have a good reason to change it. Being immune to spikes helps a lot.

youki

Insomnia
Maid Uniform
252spe 252atk 4hp
Jolly
Brick Break
Draw The Line
Shadow Hit
Swords Dance

Perfect Coverage Sweeper ahoy. [I really tried to use Speed Youmu in his slot but Youki is just more consistent fffs]

Due to Insomnia [which Speed Youmu doesn't have] I can come in random Hypnosis/Sleep Powders instead of just waiting for something to Signal Beam/Steel Attack Dark Alice. Same goes for Toxics as well.

Not much to say, just hits Swords Dance once and decimates the rest of the team, I haven't tried running Tailwind and I see no reason to now that Speed Aya isn't lurking about [I'm going to revenged by a mimi-chan or speed tied one day because I said this]

Due to his speed sometimes I can just revenge something frail as well.

technical toyo

Own Tempo
Leftovers
252hp 252spA 4def
Modest
Calm Mind
Earth Power
Energy Ball
Surf

technical fish sauce

Pretty Cool Sweeper, Back-up if Youki dies to something, usually cleans house relatively well.

I should probably have a better justification for her being here but she pretty much just works.

rin

Intimidate
Leftovers
252hp 252atk 4sp
Jolly
Detect
Extremespeed
Will-o-wisp
Wish

Pivot. Comes in to intimidate something, detects or wishes, and gets out.
Also Revenge Killer on something already weakened at times. She does her job nicely.

Pretty much my only answer to things bulking up, and not even a very good one.

advent meirin

Advent
Leftovers
252hp 4atk 252spD
Careful
Heal Bell
Slack Off
Strength
Vital Throw

The Cleric/Secondary Pivot. Saved my butt a ton of times due Strength Boosting.
helps break walls down too by knocking off their lefties with vital throw.

Thoughts:
Most teams will put a support or spiker lead at the beginning before putting pressure on, This team points a missile launcher at your balls from the get go and starts pressure immediately.

My Answer to Entry hazards is to make sure it doesn't happen to begin with, so smart players who put their spikers outside of the lead position can throw me for a loop at times.

For a team that that was just pull 6 random puppets together in play it feels pretty damned balanced with 2 Physical Threats [maybe 3 with luck] 2 Special Threats and 2 Defensive Behemoths

However, this team gets really opened up by physical blows though and it shows, Rin was pretty much thrown in at the end to keep them in check with intimidate+burn and give wish recovery the Bulkier Members.

if something boosts enough times as well I don't really have an option to phaze, I should probably run Yawn on Toyo or Roar on Rin to workaround this but I don't know.

I was gonna put more here but perhaps after looking at my team history It'll be better off for another day, another thread

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 11:04:58 PM by shai_LP »

Offline PrinnyAce

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: I had time on the bus why not [RMT pls]
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 10:20:12 PM »
[5:14:10] shai-lurker-person: > no one comments on my team topic
[5:14:11] shai-lurker-person: ; ;

Insert some comment here because i'm too lazy to make one. (later)

Offline Naï

• A Member group
  • In training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 10:45:45 AM »
What's RMT.

Lol Mimi-chan lead on your face. Why the Lum Berry tho? It's not like there's anything faster than you that can Sleep Powder you or something, and it's not like leads tend to be bulky enough to take a hit before statusing you, either...

Well, except if it's my vanilla Aya, which tanks Blade Flashes and still outspeeds you anyway

Either way, you should probably run Gothic Lolita instead.

As much as I hate to admit it, yeah, Swords Dance's probably better than Tailwind on Youki. Sure, there are a lot of things that can kill you anyway, but a Swords Dance Youki is just easier to blow holes with.

I personally dislike CM TToyo, due to the fact that if a Nature comes in on you then you just have to switch anyway (or something with nature punch). What's the point in running CM then ._., you should probably run Yawn instead. Also, Energy Ball's a pretty odd choice there.

I don't see 252 Atk and Extremespeed doing much for Rin, honestly. You're probably way better off putting those EVs in Def instead and replacing Espeed with Roar... like half of the problems your team have'd be resolved that way, lol.

Not having a spinner probably doesn't work badly for you, especially with that Mimi-chan lead. Well, if it's me, then I'd probably switch out if the need arises and just set spikes on you later... and I don't think other people'd act too differently. But I dunno.

Strength on AdMeirin is one of the cases where it actually works really well - in other words, on something bulky that still hurts with it.

Offline Doesnt

• much sand. wow.
  • A Member group
  • ***************************************************************************************
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 01:42:02 PM »
The point of CM TToyo is not to Calm Mind unless you really need to- just smash holes in things with that Modest 130 base Special Attack until you've identified most of their team and boost only if you need to stallbreak. I do think Energy Ball is a dodgy choice though- it doesn't cover resists like Shadow Ball or Mana Burst do and it's flippin' Focus Miss. Dark Alice, on the other hand, could make great use of it to wreck Hearts and Konngaras trying to give her a hard time.

252 Atk on Rin seems a little silly if your only attack is non-STAB Extremespeed. Also, your team seems to have a hard time with sturdy Natures- I don't see any Miasma so you'll have to play very cautiously against the likes of Defense Kaguya, Star, and Defense Daiyousei if they show up and Mimi-chan has already exploded.
i accidentally deleted your avatar so have 90 stars instead ~agastya

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 07:31:08 PM »
I think the only thing not covered so far is the lack of a thing to take water moves. S komachi and A murasa can really hurt that team, and by hurt that team I mean sweep with a turn of setup.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:38:33 PM by joshcja »

Offline shai_LP

• A Member group
  • aaaaaaaaaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »
What's RMT.
Rate My Team!

Lol Mimi-chan lead on your face. Why the Lum Berry tho? It's not like there's anything faster than you that can Sleep Powder you or something, and it's not like leads tend to be bulky enough to take a hit before statusing you, either...

Well, except if it's my vanilla Aya, which tanks Blade Flashes and still outspeeds you anyway

Either way, you should probably run Gothic Lolita instead.

As I said, I usually switch out if I smell earth moves, having the Lum means I can just bring on a twave/hypnosis/yawn/whatever later

But again, were are now in a meta where I can't be 100% certain that theres an Earth type [Sendai/Tenma] on the other team so.

The only options I can really think of is a Flare Blitz or Explosion Booster though.
Still the utility of being able to switch in on a status is hard to give up after you've gotten so used to it, Mimi already has an immunity to burn and poison but...

Aya and Mimi still trade so its ok, that soar hits harder than I expect though

As much as I hate to admit it, yeah, Swords Dance's probably better than Tailwind on Youki. Sure, there are a lot of things that can kill you anyway, but a Swords Dance Youki is just easier to blow holes with.

I personally dislike CM TToyo, due to the fact that if a Nature comes in on you then you just have to switch anyway (or something with nature punch). What's the point in running CM then ._., you should probably run Yawn instead. Also, Energy Ball's a pretty odd choice there.

As Doesnt says later, Energy Ball is usually a DAlice staple, but since the DAlice set I had here didn't have space for it I decided to throw it on Toyo

Its an odd choice, but the only other thing I could think of at the time was Draco Meteor...

I should probably switch it out with Shadow Ball though

I don't see 252 Atk and Extremespeed doing much for Rin, honestly. You're probably way better off putting those EVs in Def instead and replacing Espeed with Roar... like half of the problems your team have'd be resolved that way, lol.

I'd probably want to redo the set somehow then [if I were to switch out Espeed] because I fear taunt, I'm not so certain if losing Wish Support is worth it vs chestorest... or losing detect ehh

Not having a spinner probably doesn't work badly for you, especially with that Mimi-chan lead. Well, if it's me, then I'd probably switch out if the need arises and just set spikes on you later... and I don't think other people'd act too differently. But I dunno.

Strength on AdMeirin is one of the cases where it actually works really well - in other words, on something bulky that still hurts with it.

The main point is that its a strictly #yolo team that sometimes I can sometime get a buffer with getting statused due to AdvMeirin.

If I get walled out by a roar/whirlwind spiker team like team doesnt I'm pretty boned.

The point of CM TToyo is not to Calm Mind unless you really need to- just smash holes in things with that Modest 130 base Special Attack until you've identified most of their team and boost only if you need to stallbreak. I do think Energy Ball is a dodgy choice though- it doesn't cover resists like Shadow Ball or Mana Burst do and it's flippin' Focus Miss. Dark Alice, on the other hand, could make great use of it to wreck Hearts and Konngaras trying to give her a hard time.

252 Atk on Rin seems a little silly if your only attack is non-STAB Extremespeed. Also, your team seems to have a hard time with sturdy Natures- I don't see any Miasma so you'll have to play very cautiously against the likes of Defense Kaguya, Star, and Defense Daiyousei if they show up and Mimi-chan has already exploded.

I actually really wanted miasma somewhere at the end but I didn't know where I could put it!

by then everything was mostly complete so I decided to just put up with it and was pleasantly surprised when the team worked.

But you're right, Star forms and DDai really scare this team, I usually just count on blowing holes through them with neutral hits off their weaker defensive stat but that doesn't always work well

I think the only thing not covered so far is the lack of a thing to take water moves. S komachi and A murasa can really hurt that team, and by hurt that team I mean sweep with a turn of setup.
Toyo takes water moves pretty well if I beat them to the punch and get CM up, less so if It's a  pure switch in though.

but otherwise, Amurasa eats this team for breakfast if I don't get lucky T-bolt it in the face

===

Most likely I'll probably switch out Energy ball on the T-Toyo set with Shadow Ball,
but I don't really know what to do with Rin.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:13:16 PM by shai_LP »

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 10:04:36 PM »
Drop rin for D hina if you want miasma, best spinner in the game + physical wall and swap mimi chan for another lead, preferably something with a water resist + taunt or sleep, mimi chan is good but the best leads (suika, aya, kotohime etc) can tank a hit and either set up something your team will not like or just kill it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 10:10:08 PM by joshcja »

Offline shai_LP

• A Member group
  • aaaaaaaaaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 11:28:23 PM »
Drop rin for D hina if you want miasma, best spinner in the game + physical wall and swap mimi chan for another lead, preferably something with a water resist + taunt or sleep, mimi chan is good but the best leads (suika, aya, kotohime etc) can tank a hit and either set up something your team will not like or just kill it.

I'll Consider Dhina

I want to keep the fuck-you attacking anti-lead style of the team though.

Offline Naï

• A Member group
  • In training
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 01:12:18 PM »
DHina isn't bad, but imho your team doesn't really need a spinner due to playstyle. Helpful, but kind of unnecessary in your case.

also, best spinner in the game is tenma, not dhina pls

However, you DO need some form of phazing, at the very least. Just run Roar on that Rin, change her EVs, roll it and see if it works, you'll probably notice the difference right away.

Taunt's not a problem for the most part. The only ones I've seen running it are, uhh... me and Kal? Most people just think it sucks since Gen III Taunt is only two turns, including the one it's used in. Even then, it's great on fast leads and on some other stuff, but usually nobody bothers.

Also, Poison Jab is an option on Youki. Scope Lens instead of Maid Uniform could help, too, although it's not needed: 33% crit on Shadow Hit is pretty neat, and Draw The Line retains its usefulness since it gets the 33% too.

AMurasa'll probably still be a problem, but really, the main problem with AMurasa is her predictability. All people ever run on her is Rain Dance/water move/Shadow Ball/either DBond or Ice Beam. Once you see she's in, you can pretty much be sure she'll Rain Dance on the first turn, so you can go from there.

I still think CM TToyo is odd, dunno why people use it ._.; TToyo's biggest problem isn't dealing with special walls, it's dealing with nature punch. I'll leave Yawn instead as a suggestion, because phazing, and it works for stallbreaking too.

However, what you probably do need to take out is Focus Miss and give her Shadow Ball instead, like, uh, everyone else said. That probably works fine against AMurasa, too.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 11:58:51 AM »

I'll Consider Dhina

I want to keep the fuck-you attacking anti-lead style of the team though.

Offensive teams love spikes. The number of walls that can swap in on battle chant youki's SD with no spikes is "most walls/bulky things that resist steel", a mere handful of dedicated walls and steel hard stops can come in with 2-3 layers up though and nothing that lacks recovery can come in more than once.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 12:10:17 PM by joshcja »

Offline shai_LP

• A Member group
  • aaaaaaaaaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 12:41:33 AM »
I really hate setting up Entry Hazards in general but I see what you mean.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 12:50:50 AM »
I really hate setting up Entry Hazards in general but I see what you mean.

Same tbh, but man am I glad to have em up late game >_<