Touhou Puppet Play Forums

Shoddy Battle 2 => Movesets => Topic started by: joshcja on April 14, 2014, 12:51:03 AM

Title: Defense Kaguya
Post by: joshcja on April 14, 2014, 12:51:03 AM (
Type: Water/Nature
Ability: Natural Cure/Torrent
Hp: 150
Atk: 60
Def: 70
Spatk: 110
Spdef: 100
Spd: 60

With her nearly unmatched 150/70/100 bulk and a nifty pseudo status immunity in natural cure DKaguya is almost singlehandedly responsible for the absurd proliferation of miasma coverage on the shoddy server due to her hefty mixed bulk and respectable offensive stats and coverage. Seriously, 252+ Atk Special Bloomers Hustle AFlandre Thrash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def DKaguya: 444-523 (88.09 - 103.76%) -- 25% chance to OHKO the most powerful physical wallbreaker to ever exist anywhere ever has a 75% chance of failing to OHKO DKaguya  on her weaker defensive stat if both of them are fully invested. Tack on a very respectable 110 Spatk stat to that bulk along with perfect coverage, recovery, and even useable status and support moves and you have a veritable monster.

Mixed Wall:
Defense Kaguya @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def/100 SpAtk/156 SpDef
Calm nature (+SpDef,-Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam/Hydro Cannon
- Recover
- Toxic

With this set DKaguya abuses her bulk to the fullest, 252 def allows her do silly things like tanking unstabbed poison jabs from the likes of non banded ASuwako and 156 Spdef calm allows her to swap in on modest type item boosted Dark Alice with 1 layer of spikes up and avoid the 2 hit KO. 100 special attack allows for the 2 hit Ko on stallbreaker Nue with ice beam. Giga drain and ice beam provide perfect neutral coverage while Hydro cannon is a potent stab move. Natural cure prevents DKaguya from being permanently statused while recover and toxic are recover and toxic and will be seeing quite a bit of usage

Offensive Kags
Defense Kaguya @ Leftovers/Type Item
Ability: Natural Cure/Torrent
EVs: 208 Def/252 SpAtk/48 SpDef
Modest nature (+SpAtk,-Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Recover

With her nifty bulk and 110 special attack DKaguya is entirely capable of running a bulky attacker set that seeks to smack things around rather than simply tanking hits and toxic stalling. the given Ev's allow her to survive all but the most absurdly powerful type item boosted/banded hits physical or special and fire back with the move of choice. Torrent can be run over nat cure for dumbstrong Hydro cannons and a type item can boost your damage even higher though the loss of natural cure and leftovers severely lowers DKaguyas ability to act as an offensive pivot.

Options: DKaguya can run a speed creep tastic 168 speed to outpace 4 point base 80's on her offensive set though you lose quite a bit of bulk to do so. Dkayuga also gets such nifty options as taunt+toxic stall to cripple slower walls (useable with the speed creep I guess) or even a physical movepool that allows her to bully other DKaguya's with poison jab or Sariel with Psyco cut. Sans that I guess you can be reasonable and run mana burst to hit Sariel harder?

Counters: Specialy bulky thing immune to or resistant to toxic such as Konngara and the Medicine forms take virtually nothing from all of  DKaguya's moves and force's her out with a mix of pp stalling, toxic, and the threat of miasma moves while specially bulky pivots such as Ruukoto, Star Sapphire, and AdAlice can slow baton pass in obnoxious Miasma users. Past that just smack Dkaguya around with Miasma and Flying moves until she eventually dies.
Title: Re: Dkayuga
Post by: ZXNova on April 15, 2014, 05:09:55 AM
Reported for misspelling my waifu's name.


Title: Re: Dkayuga
Post by: joshcja on April 15, 2014, 05:41:37 AM
Reported for misspelling my waifu's name.



Well fuck, thanks for the early catch there, dyslexia's a bitch. Fixed.